Based on decades of corporate experience, we’ve distilled vision casting into a series of four steps. Follow them, and you’ll see your team transformed. They’ll go from being mired in the busy work of Monday to Friday and become motivated partners in helping make your vision a reality. This really works!
Here’s a peek this episode:
- A compelling true story on the power of vision. [0:33]
- Common misunderstandings about vision. [3:51]
- What people want even more than money. [4:24]
- What makes a vision inspiring to others. [4:35]
- How to create a vision for yourself and your company. [6:30]
- Author Paul Smith weighs in on how to “lead with a story.” [9:40]
- How to make your vision seem real, even though it hasn’t happened yet. [12:17]
- Why a vision must express two realities (they’re not what you think). [14:23]
- The difference between mission and vision. [15:46]
- How a vision statement makes decision making much simpler. [18:47]
- One unexpected value of having a written vision statement. [22:03]
- Author Skip Pritchard reveals the top three mistakes leaders in communicating vision. [22:44]
- How to keep your vision constantly in your team’s mind. [26:34]
- How many times you must communicate your vision to make it stick. [27:27:07]
Now that you have the tools for communicating vision, here’s what we hope you’ll do next. Schedule some time on your calendar to review (or create) a compelling vision for yourself and your company.
Why not do that today?
Here’s shout-out to listeners BenJoeM2, who left this review of the podcast on iTunes: “Been listening since day one and have loved it! Really is great advice for any leader in work, home, or church.”
Thanks friend. We really appreciate the feedback.
And we’d love to hear from the rest of you too. If you’re enjoying the program, please rate and review us on iTunes. If you’re not sure how to do that, check out this simple tutorial.
And don’t forget to subscribe. We don’t want you to miss a single episode, bonus episode, or free content that we make available only in this channel. Subscribe today on your favorite device.
Resources from this episode
The Focused Leader 1-Day Intensive
Lead with a Story by Paul Smith
The Book of Mistakes by Skip Pritchard
The CEO Next Door by Elena L. Botelho, Kim R. Powell, Tahl Raz
“What Sets Successful CEOs Apart” by Elena Botelho, Kim Powell, Stephen Kincaid, and Dina Wang